Monday, February 28, 2022

February Highlights

 February was a snowy month in our part of the country. We even went without power for about 24 hours during an ice storm. Look at how this tree's branches are weighted down! Normally we can drive under this tree with the lawnmower...  

And branches of this tree in the front yard came crashing down under the weight of ice
God is the most incredible artist, isn't He? 

About 6 weeks in, we finished assembling the Lego Titanic. 
Pictures don't do justice- it's way cooler in real life!

I made a quick trip to PA one week and met up with some of my Hillcrest sisters at Agape Cafe.
 Beiler's Doughnuts for the road trip home. It's like eating a baby cloud! 

I went to Chuck E Cheese for the first time in my life! 
With my grands, for a birthday party.
My favorite photo of the day- he loved being allowed to pound on the button!

We are replacing the carpet in the sanctuary of our church. If 30 yr old carpet is considered worn out and overdue for being replaced, what does that say about me? I've been there slightly longer than the old green carpet.  

We've come full circle. I'm back to displaying kids artwork on my fridge. 💕

We got in our annual doughnut day during Winter Break 
(even though we aren't dictated by the school calendar anymore)
We had some eager little helpers... 
guess which one had to be watched so he wouldn't take a bite out of every doughnut we plated up. 🤣
And then we went to visit  uncle JJ at work

The man of the house is still rollin' down the highway...

Arianna & I have concluded the '22 Winter Reading Challenge. My favorite challenge this month was reading a book about a disability; I'm always game to read another book about autism. I read Josiah's Fire, which was on my TBR list for several years. The book I enjoyed most this month was Dream When You're Feeling Blue, for the challenge 'read a book with a color in the title'. The setting is during WWII and I'm scrapbooking a heritage album about my grandma from the same time period. 

I completed this blanket this month- 

Now it's time to turn my attention to spring cleaning our house. Oh joy! 


No comments: