Friday, July 3, 2009

Landscaping Debates

After keeping us guessing all day, it finally cleared off last evening and we were able to have a family work night at my in-laws. The agenda was edging flowerbeds, trimming shrubs and mulching. We got most of it done -they need another load of mulch to finish.
During the fellowship afterwards, a debate arose on how many shrubs there are- the men were guessing 30-40. Someone went out and counted. There are over 60! Most are boxwoods, yews and such varieties that are a pain to clean up the trimmings. Quite an undertaking; no wonder the girls wanted help.
Whenever you have that many personalities working together there are always differences of opinions how to do things. Our famous line got passed around in jest a couple of times- "Do what you want; you will anyhow." So glad we have family who can have fun doing things together though.

1 comment:

Rosita said...

Sounds like fun! I like the idea of making this chore a family event. Particularly since I'm the one who usually gets stuck with the job. :) By the way I love your header, too.